Being able to execute a success punt is vital to the field position battle. You cannot allow the opposing team to have good field position because your team cannot punt. Practice; snapping, catching, and punting the football every day.
- Body should be bent slightly forward.
- Knees need to be bent slightly as well.
- Stand up with one foot back slight, whatever is conformable.
- Relax, do not be tense; arms should be out and ready to catch the ball.
- Hands are out as a target for the long snapper.
- Toes need to be pointed where the ball is going to be punted.
- Concentrate on catching the snap
- Once snap is caught two steps- drop the ball right on the foot. Do not have your foot meet the ball. Drop the ball right on the foot so that you can get the proper follow through.
Remember practice punting every day. You cannot afford to give the opposing team good field position. Also, to get good a something you have to practice. Practice punting team everyday; practice snapping, punting and punt coverage. Do not over look youth football specials teams.