The first day of practice went pretty well overall. The kids caught on to everything pretty quickly. This seems to be a hard working group of kids. Here is a list of the things that need improvement and things that our team did well:
- We are a bit undersized at the offensive line position. We also do not have much depth at the offensive line position.
- Run blocking technique. Since we are so undersized we need to have perfect run blocking technique.
- We have decent speed, but no real burners. We will develop speed and endurance over time. We will be the best conditioned team in the league.
- Three point stances and getting line splits consistently.
- Small number of players. Our roster is a little thin.
- A lot of first year players.
- Kids are real sharp. These kids caught onto everything rather quickly.
- Good attitudes. This is my first year with this new youth football organization. This team has not won a game in the last two years. With that said, the kids were very excited and responded well to our up-tempo and enthusiastic practice style.
- We have great depth at running. This will take my wing t offense to a whole new level. Some of these running backs will play some offensive line as well.
- Passing game should be much improved compared to my team last year. We have a couple kids that can throw and catch really well.
- The rocket motion looked great. The motion timing and rocket pitch looked consistently good. The rocket pitch still needs some crispness.
- Parents seem nice and into it. The parents loved our up-beat and productive practice.
Stay tuned for my next practice report.