Here are some youth offensive linemen firing out tips:
• Get off ball quickly; anticipate snap count; explode from stance.
• Keep shoulders low and square, back straight, neck bowed with head up; eyes focused straight ahead.
• Plant power foot; generates power through legs, hips and back.
• Legs drive with short and choppy steps-maintain wide base.
• Finish block with hip thrust and arm extension forward and upward until play ends.
• On double-team blocks, maintain hip-to-hip relationship, drive up and through defender; finish block together.
The success of any football team hinges on its ability to control the line of scrimmage. To win consistently, you must win in the trenches. Playing on your opponent’s side of the line of scrimmage is the objective. Firing off is the key to all success for youth football offensive linemen.