Youth Football Online was first started with the sole intention of getting children involved in football. The positives of playing the sport are abundant. There should be no child deprived of the benefits that come from playing the game, especially due to financial difficulty.
Our mission: To sternly urge state and local governments to allot funding to youth football organizations via re-allocation of budget and/or political fundraising specifically for youth football. This will allow organizations to reduce or eliminate registration fees, ultimately allowing more children to play the game.
Why do kids NEED youth football? Take a look at these stats-
- Juvenile obesity, according to the CDC, has tripled in the last 30 years. This is due to poor eating habits, sedentary lifestyles and the growth of technology (video games, internet and TV). Youth football implements physical conditioning and promotes proper nutrition-which help kids maintain a healthy weight.
- According to the Juvenile Justice Bulletin , juveniles were responsible for 26% of all property crime arrests and 16% of all violent crime arrests in the country. These kids need to be in a safe environment.
- Crime sprees organized via social media (flash mobs) have increased dramatically. Have you noticed who these culprits are? Teenagers.
- Stopfiresetting.com says kids set 50% of all fires. Boredom could be a key factor.
- A comparison study called ‘A Qualitative Analysis of the Educational Performance of Athletes vs. Non-athletes in High Schools of North Carolina’ by Gary Overton showed the average GPA for athletes was greater than non-athletes (17 percent to 23 percent higher). Contrary to popular belief, the ‘jock’ is not very dumb at all. Hard work and determination on the football field transfers to academia.
- The NYVPRC reports youth gangs have close to 800,000 members nationwide with half of them being under age 18. Youth football puts kids in controlled; structured environments- with football practice and games there will be no time for the “thug” life.
Youth Football Online believes that every child has the right to reap the benefits of youth football regardless of financial situation. Football fees free or reduced cost will benefit society immensely. We encourage state and local governments to give money to youth football programs. Please sign our free youth football petition on Change.org.